want me to give you some tutorials i have a whole bunch
maybe that one will help????
OH ! tyvm * V* )9
I’m always leaving out feet because I really suck at drawing feet and shoes… So here some studies.
Emlan just showed me this awesome lighting assistance tool! If you can get past the creepy stare, it’s really great reference for drawing faces in different lighting!
EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED IN LIFE
I got this program from Typette a long time ago when she had it on her Livejournal and I’ve always used it since. Just reposting since the last url broke you can download it here: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/deskpins.html
But as you can see it’s a dream to paint studies with. It keeps whatever window you pin up as the topmost window.
Perspective and Composition- Right click + New tab to see the images much bigger.
okay guys someone the other day asked for a bow tutorial so here it is! :> I hope it is helpful.
It’s not exactly the most precise archery information but I included what was relevant in terms of actually drawing—and remember as always, references are great in addition to looking through tutorials
am I even qualified enough to make a tutorial? oh well it was fun
Tumblr made them weeny but the magnifying glass will take you to full view
As an ex-archer, I can confirm these are reliable notes!
very good resources yes
saves for future use
An online version of the animal anatomy atlas. Pictures and diagrams of various animals!
Reblogging again, this time with photo, because everyone needs to see this.
Gradient Tutorial- Right Click + New tab to see it bigger
Sullivan’s fur tutorials, brush packs, and texture resources.
See the original devART post here: LINK
Download custom Photoshop brushes here: LINK
Sullivan’s Fur/Feathers/Scales wildlife texture brushes: LINK
The eyedropper blending tutorial mentioned in the Q&A: http://youtu.be/XMM3Z7lXPwA
The Brushes (Tutorial Part 2)
Hard Round 25 Fading
Take your normal hard brush, make it 25px large. Now go to the Brushes menu and click “Other Dynamics”, and set the Flow jitter to Pen Pressure in the drop down menu.
Hard Round 5 pixels
This is your basic, default hard brush when you load up Photoshop with the regular brushes it should be right at the top… no need to change it!
Load up default Photoshop brushes and scroll down til you see the soft brushes—- pick one that is at least 60px large. Open the Brushes menu and click “Shape Dynamics” and set it to Pen Pressure, then click “Other Dynamics” and have the Opacity and Flow jitters set to Pen Pressure as well.
Tips For Custom Sullivan Fur Brushes
- these are easiest to use when highlighting, try picking a color that is lighter than the area you are drawing on.
- the brushes are pressure sensitive, so you’ll want to use these with a tablet. try drawing lightly for softer fur, and push harder for more tufty fur.
- just scribbling one of these over your drawing will make it look dumb, trust me. try layering the different brushes, or going over with your own brushes to add in your own details for a more realistic look.
- try playing around in the Brushes menu… color effects can look really neat with these, see what works for you :]
- you may NOT attempt to resell or redistribute these brushes; if you want to share these brushes with others just link back to the original deviantART post.
- please give credit when you use these! i’m not normally fussy about giving credit, but i worked hard on these so it would be appreciated.